Sunday, April 24, 2011

Scarlet Fever


Photo credits: Google Images

     Being a senior in high school with the notion that it's spring season, can you guess which big event I have marked in my schedule in the upcoming weeks? Prom, which to me is a little overrated, but despite my indifference, how often do I have the chance to wear a such a beautiful gown? Not very often. For this years occasion, I wanted to portray an essence of red carpet glamour, along with the classic delicacy captured by a woman in a scarlet dress. My motto: less is more, especially when it comes to making a bold statement, because it has to appear effortless, and an overdone palette screams the exact opposite. Initially I braced myself for disappointment in my search to find the perfect dress and lowered my expectations, and surprisingly it seemed to work, considering the second dress I tried on took the cake. I guess in any shopping situation optimism is the key.

1 comment: