Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Summer in a Nutshell

Sorry I've been M.I.A. over the past couple of months, but I'm back and I am ready to blog :) This summer has been a pretty eventful one, but it has also gone by very very fast. My sister Jessy (Serendipitous Things) took me to New York as a graduation gift. It was my first time and I absolutely fell in love with it.
Almost immediately afterwards I traveled to Washington D.C. where I was recognized for my win in a nationwide art competition, and I had the opportunity to spend a few days with my family and my boyfriend Ty experiencing the bustling city of D.C.
Other than that, I tried to spend as much time enjoying the rest of the summer with the people closest to me before I moved to Minneapolis to live with my sister and her husband while I attend college. 

It was harder leaving them behind than I imagined, because all along I've only wanted to get away and gain my own independence in a place other than what I've always known, but when the day finally came, the notion that it was actually happening threw me a little off balance. So this past week was filled with difficult goodbyes and my departure was bittersweet, but I'm also excited to begin my new college life. I will keep you posted on how that goes as well.  




No comments:

Post a Comment