Friday, August 19, 2011

What's on Your Reading List?

     This morning I spent some time conjuring up a manifest of novels that I will most definitely mark on my shopping list next time I hit up the bookstore. 

 The first title that sparked my interest is called Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. The description depicts a tale of two women who divulge the frivilous details of their everyday life to one another via email in the midst of their company office, and the new internet security officer can't help but weave his way into the nooks and crannies of his fellow coworkers lives. Twist: he falls in love with one of them but doesn't know how to express his secret revelation without confessing his hidden longing.  It seems like a fresh take on the typical guy falls for girl but girl doesn't know it kind of storyline and I think that the way in which these characters communicate reminds the reader of our vast dependency on technology which has become a crutch in how we express ourselves.

My second reccommendation is called This is Where I Leave You. In short, it's about a guy troubled by the corruption of his marriage and the recent death of his father. This quirky premise seems to have an intriguing outlook on the complications of family and dysfunctional relationships, and centers around the idea of finding oneself in the wake of dire loss. 
And for my last choice I present to you a more sinister read called Await Your Reply that explores the depths of three different strangers who venture out on an escape route towards what they are looking for and also, whatever they are running from. Based on the reviews this one seems to be more of a dark thriller that will captivate your mind in an way that is unsettling in the pit of your stomach but reels you in for more at the same time. 
Just thought I'd share with you what's on my reading list and hopefully the ones I discovered will interest you as well!


Credits: Google Images





No comments:

Post a Comment